Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Top Ten Book Characters That Would Be Sitting At My Lunch Table

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. This feature was created because we are particularly fond of lists here at The Broke and the Bookish. We'd love to share our lists with other bookish folks and would LOVE to see your top ten lists!

I am actually going to limit this to only - or at least, close to - high school aged people. (Okay, the rule of thumb that I am using to compile this list: one of the main characters in a YA novel - automatic pass.) As much as I would want to have some of my favorite characters at my lunch table, they aren't teens in the book. So…

(Please note: I own none of the pictures. Where available, I went with the picture that the author approved of. If not possible, I went with...Well, a picture I like of the character. (Also, oddly enough, we started with books popular enough to have fan art and then started in on the books that weren't.) Or and actor that I think could play the character - or simply what I think they look like.)



Top Ten Book Characters That Would Be Sitting At My Lunch Table


Thorne from Scarlet
Seriously, would have so latched on to this guy in high school. I adore this guy and his humor. I think we could have been quite a pair and this guy would have been one of my best friends


Emily from The Girl in the Steel Corset
My other fictional high school BFF. Em is just such an awesome girl she's got this almost mousey appearance - but she's hiding an iron spine.



Nehemia from Throne of Glass
This girl would be the most amazing friend to have, ever. Loyal and faithful and mostly really nice, she's the sort to take you to task when you're doing something stupid.


Vander from The Beautiful and the Cursed
I cannot really explain this, just that I think he would be so fun to be around. Oddly enough, he's also one of the few quiet people here.



Scarlet from Scarlet
I adore this girl so much. She's awesome and tough and - if a throwaway line can  be believed - seems to be a pretty decent cook.


Cleo from Falling Kingdoms
While I do think she would tend to get on my nerves sometimes, I also think that she would try her best at anything she does.


Roux from Also Known As
Snarky former popular kid that would be so much fun to hang out with. Somehow, this leads me right to...


Gabriel Lightwood from Clockwork Princess
Instead of going with one of the main characters, I chose the guy that snuck up on me and made me adore him.


Melody from The Rithmatist
It would just be 'tragic' to leave her off the list. Over the top and crazy at times, she would still be a ton of fun to be around.


Sophronia from Etiquette & Espionage
Any girl that's this competent is a must. She also has an odd ability to make even dissimilar people work together for the goal.







Well, that's it. Honestly, if these people would have been sitting at my lunch table in high school, it would have been a very loud, overly sarcastic place. But I also think it would have been a lot of fun. So, what do you think of the characters I've chosen? Anyone here you'd like at your lunch table? Leave me a link to your list an I'll stop by.