Friday, March 31, 2017

March Wrap-Up

I've learnt something about myself this month. When I'm upset, I read gay romance. (Or watch hockey movies, but that's another subject.) Anyway, around the middle of the month, I broke my hard drive - and lost over fifty hours on my replay of Dragon Age Origins as well as almost a full month's writing (about twenty pages) of my story I'm working on writing.

So I was left on my old backup computer that doesn't have a period key and suddenly decided it would be appropriate to refuse to be connected to the internet. In my efforts to not think about how much writing I lost for my fantasy story, I found myself mostly looking at my to read fantasy books with much pain - and avoiding them like the plague.

Then I got myself wrapped up in a totally awesome sci-fi story, so that's all good.

Now I have my (new hard drive installed) computer back and am incredibly lazy. I mean, I'm always a little lazy, but I have no posts scheduled for next month. And I feel a little strange about that.

What I've Been Reading...


Timekeeper by Tara Sim - ****
Clockwork Heart by Heidi Cullinan - **
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams - **


Empty Net by Avon Gale - ***** - Re-read
A Gentleman's Position by K.J. Charles - ***
The Ruin of Gabriel Ashleigh by K.J. Charles - **** - Re-read


The Private Secretary by Summer Devon - *****
The Lawrence Browne Affair by Cat Sebastian - *****
One Glimpse by Lydia Gastrell - ****


Crashing the Net by Samantha Wayland - ***
Checking it Twice by Samantha Wayland - **
Earthrise by M.C.A. Hogarth - *****


What I've Been Watching...

I watched the last season (8? 7? I don't even remember now) of Rizzoli & Isles and, while I would have loved to see the show continue, at least they went out on a high note and before the show started to suffer. (Like that old advice to leave the audience wanting more.) I also watched season two of The Librarians and, gotta admit, I like the way things changed between seasons one and two, thanks to the stuff at the end of season one. I also watched a couple of the movies I got for my birthday: The Mighty Ducks and D2. From my birthday haul I've still got D3 and Miracle (another hockey movie!) to watch.


How's your month been? Truthfully, I hope better than mine. Do tell me about all the wonderful things you've been reading/watching or commiserate with me down in the comments. (Or tell me how great your month has been so I can get psyched up for April in the hopes it'll be better.)