Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Top Ten Book Covers I'd Frame As Pieces of Art

Top Ten Book Covers I'd Frame As Pieces of Art

Ooh, I love this prompt. I will say, sometimes book covers are just so lovely. And, shame on me, I am one of those people that likes to judge a book by it's cover. Seriously, a cover is one of the first things you notice about a book, so it's gotta be eye-catching. Anyway, let's get started.






Cinder by Marissa Meyer - Even if my thoughts are kind of all over the place with this book, I've never been able to deny that I love this cover. I would totally be willing to have a print like this framed on my wall.


The Iron Jackal by Chris Wooding - I've not actually read this book yet, but I love all four of the covers from this series, and I think this one just might be my favorite.


Lady of Devices by Shelley Adina - I recall my first thoughts about this cover. They went something like '...so pretty...' I really do adore the looks of this cover though and I wouldn't mind having this framed on my wall - even though I don't usually go for portraits.

City of a Thousand Dolls by Miriam Forester - Another book I've not read yet, but I think the reason it made it onto my list was because of this cover. Just look at it...

One Realm Beyond by Donita K. Paul - Is that a dragon? And a castle? It that figure wearing something science-fiction-y? I answered yes to all of these questions and immediately wanted this book.



Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge - Another book that I wanted as soon as I saw the cover. I love the imagery and how, except the dress and the rose, everything else is very monochrome.




The Clockwork Scarab by Colleen Gleason - Take Egyptian jewelry and add a healthy dose of steampunk and yes, I want that framed and on my wall now.


The Avatar Battle by Chad Morris - The cover is actually the reason I looked into the first book in this series (of which this is the second). A gorilla. And a dirigible. Oh and wait a minute... It's a robot gorilla. (But it being a robot just makes it so much better.)


Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling - Honestly, I could have chosen nearly any of the fifteenth anniversary editions covers of these books. But I think this one is my favorite. I rather wish I hadn't been such a cheapskate when I bought the first book and had, instead, bought the anniversary edition of all the books in a set with the cardboard box to hold them all. I really don't like the covers on the copies I've got.


Unnatural History by Jonathan Green - Now I've not gotten around to reading this book yet, but I would tend to describe this cover as borrowing equally from Jurassic Park, Primeval and Sherlock Holmes. Any book that has a stalking T-rex on the fog shrouded streets of London is something I automatically want framed on my wall. (And to read...)

So, there you go, ten book covers that I would totally want on my walls. I'd love to see your list of art-y books, so leave the link in the comments and I'll check them out.