Wednesday, May 14, 2014

When I'm Not Reading...

So, this little feature I started last month didn't really take off. That's mostly my fault, because I was supposed to post twice and I only made once. In fact, I didn't really get much at all posted last month. Anyways, I'm giving it another go.

There's several things I can be found doing when I'm not reading or working on my blog. (Or finding new books to read.) One of those things is...

Playing Video/Computer Games




That's right, I'm a girl that loves her video games. I used to have an old PS2 but it - well, let's just say it doesn't work anymore. I've been thinking about buying a PS3 - but I'm also thinking that I might just be better off saving my money and buying a PS4.



Some of my favorite games are the Final Fantasy ones. I was in the middle of XII when my console went. Unfortunately, there really weren't many games you could play on the PS2, which is the reason I'm thinking about upgrading to the newest. Anyway, besides FF, I also came to adore the 'Realms of Everquest; Champions of Norrath' game. It's a pretty simple hack-and-slash style RPG but it is a great way to waste several hours of your life on the weekends.

I also play computer games. Actually, I play more computer games than I do video games. Probably because I don't have a good place to leave my console sitting when it's not in use so I have to put it away every time I use it.

Anyway, I've got a laptop computer - so no matter how much I'd like to, there is no playing World of Warcraft. Maybe next computer will be able to handle it.



One game series that I love is the Nancy Drew games put out by Her Interactive. As someone that grew up reading the books, it's awesome for me to step into the shoes of the great girl detective for awhile. While the games are kind of hit and miss for me, they're still a lot of fun to play.



I also really like playing visual novels - preferably of the otome sort. Winter Wolves has some great visual novels, some with RPG elements (like Loren: The Amazon Princess) and some that are dating sims (like Nicole and Roomates). Hanako makes some awesome visual novels (my favorites are Royal Trap and Date Warp) as well as some life simulations and RPGs. Otherwise, I wind up finding freeware games - some of which have been really awesome.

Besides these games, most of what you can find on my computer are the hidden object type 'adventure' games. While they're not really my favorites, those and the war games and sims things are really all my local store sells. When I really need a game to play, especially those that I can play while my brother is being a pest, those usually work the best. I also occasionally play racing games - like Need for Speed.


Well, there you go. A little look into what I do when my life isn't consumed by books. Comments are always appreciated, so let me know what you think.