Monday, May 16, 2016

Totally Should've Book Tag

I found this at A Kernel of Nonsense and thought it looked like so much fun. Let's get started, then!


Totally should've gotten a sequel

Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund
I liked this book a lot, but it feels like the setup for a longer, more epic story. Honestly, I'd love this book to get a sequel.

Totally should've had a spin off series

Tales of the Ketty Jay series by Chris Wooding
Mostly because - even though the ending was perfect and everything I could have ever asked for - I'm not ready to let go yet!

An author who totally should write more books
All my favorite authors? I mean, I could say Michael J. Sullivan, Rhiannon Thomas, Patrick Weekes, Chris Wooding, Lindsay Buroker, Tanya Huff - but the truth is, they are writing, so I'm still happy. (If we're talking about the people that literally can't, R.I.P. Bridgett Zinn and Elizabeth Peters.)

A character who totally should've ended up with someone else

Alina from Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
Though, honestly, I think she should have ended up single. I quit reading after the first book simply because she wound up with the guy that I described as 'a worthless slug'. I did like the other guy, but NOT as a love interest.

Totally should've ended differently
I'm trying to think if I've ever had a falling out with a book in the last handful of pages, and I don't think I have. And that's what I'm think of here. Like, I loved the book but then I got to the last twenty pages and no longer liked it. I don't ever remember that happening. The book either stays good or it stays sucky.

Totally should've had a movie franchise

Riyria series by Michael J. Sullivan
I'm picturing this huge, epic scope of movies - like the treatment Lord of the Rings got. That would be so amazing! That might even be enough to make me go to the movies.

Totally should've had a TV show

The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
There's a part of me that think if this was planned out for a TV series, like four seasons, it would be totally awesome. (But there's also a not-so-small part of me that thinks this series has ran its course and...well.)

Totally should've had only one point of view
Have I - ever said that? I mean, usually, the more POV's my books have, the happier I am. Except for Frozen Tides. That book seriously should have stuck with four. But, yeah, seriously... I don't think I've ever wanted only one POV in the book.

Totally should have a cover change

The Mortal Instruments series (but especially City of Bones) by Cassandra Clare
I can't be the only one that thinks these covers are ugly. Can I? But, really, I probably could have put down any urban fantasy book.

Totally should've stopped at book one

Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
Someday, I actually plan to read the third book in the series. But, as of right now, I sincerely feel that - regardless of if it was never written or not - I personally should have never read the second book. I loved the first one and everything I enjoyed about it was effectively killed in the second.

Totally should've kept the original covers
I'm not saying it doesn't happen, but I cannot think of a single instance that I liked the original covers more than the remake. Now, if we were to talk about the other way... Yeah, that'd be a list.


I tag anyone that's interested. And, seriously, I'm starting to run out of tags so send me some! ;)