Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Top Ten of My Favorite Book Character Names

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

Confession time: Names from books hardly ever last in my mind. Sure, if there's one that particularly unpronounceable, I'll remember it. But, the truth is, most of the time, names are just names. I don't think I've ever though 'I love that name' when I first meet a character.





Truthwitch
Susan Dennard
Name: Safiya
Nickname: Safi
(So, I don't actually like her, but I love her name.)







Mechanica
Betsy Cornwell
Name: Nicolette









Heart of Ice
K.M. Shea
Name: Rakel & Farrin









Theft of Swords
Michael J. Sullivan
Name: Hadrian










Retribution Falls
Chris Wooding
Name: Trinica









The Stepsister Scheme
Jim C. Hines
Name: Talia









A Wicked Thing
Rhiannon Thomas
Name: Aurora









Timebound
Rysa Walker
Name: Kiernan









Trading in Danger
Elizabeth Moon
Name: Kylara









I'm sure I forgot at least one that I'll go 'that name, I love it' but I think this is a pretty good look at some of my favorite names.