Wednesday, January 18, 2017

T5W - Five Favorite 'Polarizing' Books

Top 5 Wednesday is a group on goodreads that you can find here. Every week - or less for some of us ;) - the members get together and post five books that pertain to a specific topic.

I LOVE this topic! I mean, I think it's awesome that some people will love a book and that others will hate it for pretty much the same reasons. And, me? I definitely have a lot of books that I loved that a lot of people didn't. (I also have a lot that I hated that everyone else loved, but that's - sadly - not this topic.)


A Wicked Thing by Rhiannon Thomas

You can't be surprised, can you? I mean, this was one of my favorite books of 2015, I pushed it at everyone and it is still one of my favorite books. Ever. And yet it is cool to hate it. Because the girl isn't a Katniss expy that kicks everyone's ass. Natch.






Ticker by Lisa Mantchen

... Okay, I need to reread this book. Because besides the fact that I came really close to adoring everything about it and it was an awesome steampunk tale - I remember nothing about it. Nothing. But I do know it was awesome. So I need to reread it.






The Friday Society by Adrienne Kress

Now, this book was so much fun. Awesome, awesome girls that totally own the steampunk setting they're in. And they're great together and a wonderful trio and now I'm hit by the sudden thought that they're like the YA steampunk answer to Charlie's Angels...






Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell

This book reminds me a lot of A Wicked Thing - so of course I loved it. But, you know, it's another steampunk book that isn't well enough loved. Probably because it is a Cinderella retelling that has its own twist on the tale that - I'm guessing - not everyone loved as much as I did.






Warrior by Zoe Archer

This book is such a fun, sexy adventure tale and the only reason I can figure that it's not more popular is because it doesn't just settle into one genre. It's probably got too much adventure for the romance fans and too much romance for the adventure fans. But, it worked super well for me. :)






(Okay, so, admittedly, this turned into a list of books I love that aren't popular. But, really, how the hell do I find a 'polarizing' book?)