Monday, January 5, 2015

Special Birthday Announcement

Do you know who is believed to have a birthday tomorrow? Hmm, I'll give you a hint.


That's right, Sherlock Holmes.

I have decided to do a three-part special about this character. I say decided, but this is something I've been wanting to do ever since I started this blog. You see, he's the first book character that I ever remember adoring.

So, the next three mondays here at Pages of Starlight will be devoted to Mr. Holmes. The first part of the series (tentatively titled: 221b Baker Street: Sherlock Holmes) will focus on Sherlock Holmes himself and common misconceptions about the man.

The next part, slated for release on the 19th, will look at the different variations in film and tv, with the final week currently undetermined. (I wouldn't mind if you let me know what you'd prefer. Currently I'm thinking about: looking into Arthur Conan Doyle, the stories written by other authors, or other important characters in the series.)

I hope you'll stick around for what I'm sure is going to be a lot of fun.