Monday, January 11, 2016

Look Back at Two Years

Two years ago, I took a crazy plunge, did something that - honestly - I didn't give as much thought to as I should have: I started this blog. I went into it like I do most things, just jumped right in without thinking. (Unless I over think and never do it.)

Really, I had no idea what I was getting into.

I've learnt a few things over these two years.

I've learnt that this is actually a lot more time consuming than it looks.

I've learnt that this is not a case of 'build it and they will come.'

I've learnt that actually being social - even online - is absolutely exhausting. But also so rewarding.

I've made friends. Friends meeting over books, what's better than that?

I've read books I never would have found without these great people pushing me towards them.

I've suggested books to people - something that I'm still a little nervous about - and have had them tell me they loved the book.

I'm grateful to everyone that welcomed me to this corner of the interwebs and spoke to a nervous/giddy newbie like she belonged. Thank you for making these two years memorable.

I have had a great two years, they've been fun and different and so very challenging. And I look forward to many more just like them.

Thanks, everyone and have a great year!

Side note: Nope, if you couldn't tell, I love this blog way too much to even consider closing it now. Also, for some reason, New Year's always make me feel sappy.