Friday, September 30, 2016

September Wrap-Up


So, my month did not start off well at all. I've had a couple of sick animals - one that was sick for about a year and the other, a couple of weeks - that both died within a week of each other. My cat, Allison, died August 31st and my dog, Axel, September 5th.

Needless to say, I wasn't reading much or wanting to socialize for my blog at all - so I am super glad I was on hiatus. Because, seriously, this is not something anyone needs to experience.

Now I am currently without any animals for the first time since I was, like, six years old. I'm not sure if I like it or not. I mean, I like not having to take care of any animals - and I'm sure this winter I'll like not having to walk a dog practically in the middle of a blizzard, or when it's below freezing - but it's all the little things that get me. All that stuff that I'd do without thinking about it anymore. Picking up dog cookies at the store or cat food, or waving bye to them before I leave for work. So, things have been a little lonely the last three weeks.

I have been thinking about, maybe, getting a less attention-heavy pet. Like a turtle. Or a lizard. But I'm not sure I want to make my bedroom smell like turtle. Or lizard. We'll see - but right now I'm liking not being responsible for anyone but myself.


What I've been reading...




Ravenous by MarcyKate Connolly - **
The Spirit Eater by Rachel Aaron - ****
The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski - ****



The Heart of Valor by Tanya Huff - *****
The Paladin Caper by Patrick Weekes - *****
Fire Falling by Elise Kova - ****



The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison - **** - Review to come next month!

I feel like a had a really, really good reading month. I mean, not only did I enjoy nearly everything I read, I also got quite a bit read. While most of these books were sequels - so I kind of did know what I was getting into - I also went with what I wanted to read for the most part and not what I thought I should read.

What I've been watching...


So, mostly my TV shows this month have been of the next season variety. I watched (or, maybe that should be re-watched because I saw most of it when it was on TV originally) season 4 of Diagnosis Murder. I also watched season five of Once Upon a Time (which my feelings for are totally all over the place except I now officially HATE Rumpelstiltskin) and I watched season 4 of Elementary - which is a show that seems to get better and better with each season and I love it so, so much!

So, that was my month. What have you been reading/watching?