Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Top Ten New Shows (Divided Into Two Parts)

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

I never pass up an opportunity to talk about TV shows. As back in May of 2015, I did a post of my favorite TV shows (here) and not a lot has changed, I decided not to do that again. Instead, I'm breaking this list down into two parts; my five favorite shows that are still on TV (as so many of my favorites aren't anymore) and five new shows I want to start watching.



Part I
Top Five Favorite Shows - That're Still Making New Episodes





The Flash
(Can I just say, why don't they have a cast shot of the main cast in character? Why? I'm not totally pleased with this picture, but it'll do.) So, I love this show. I adore superhero shows and this one is - so far - also perfect for me. We could get rid of the 'romance' and pining, but until then, it'll do. (Course, I've only seen the first season so far...)





Elementary
I love this show! I've adored the Sherlock Holmes stories since I was knee-high to a grasshopper - I believe the term is. There were so many reasons I almost didn't give the show a chance (American series, modern setting, John Watson now Joan Watson) but ultimately I did (because of Lucy Liu) and I am so glad. This show is just wonderful. It does such a great job with the character of Holmes and it's got this strong feminist vibe running through the whole series.


Rizzoli & Isles
Of all the shows here, this one is the oldest. They will be starting their seventh and final season soon. This show is just so much fun though.  These two women are so different and yet they're best friends and work together perfectly. It's definitely one of my go-to rewatches when I need something easy to watch.




Once Upon A Time
This show I almost didn't include. I've been up and down with it so many times, but I keep coming back to the show. It's here mostly because this last season is definitely a step back in the right direction. It seems like they've quit relying on guest characters so much (like, as much as I loved the story, Elsa) and been reminded that they've got some very strong women here.



Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
So...this is a non-superhero superhero show? Or maybe they're the men in black, because that's totally what the main guy looks like in this picture. Anyway, this show is a series of ups and downs, usually in the same episode. But I like the show, it's usually fun even with all the drama and angst.





Part II
Top Five New Shows That I've Not See But I Want Too





DC's Legends of Tomorrow
This should go totally without being said because - though I'm more of a Marvel girl than a DC girl - this looks totally awesome!







Shadowhunters
Okay, so I didn't like the book City of Bones, but I think I've finally convinced myself that I want to watch this show.










Daredevil
Superhero show. Real shocker I want to see it, huh? I will admit though, this has never been one of the superheroes that really interested me. Do want to see it, though. (Would've seen the movie but I don't like Ben Affleck.)




The Librarians
Please, someone, release this to DVD. I want it, but I HATE watching videos on my computer. And this show would be amazing, I just know it. (And, seriously? Christian Kane's in it? Come on!)








Killjoys
This show sounds amazing and like exactly what I want - but I still haven't gotten around to watching it yet. I can't believe it, because it sounds just about perfect for me.







I'd love to know what sort of list you made this week so leave me a link! Also, tell me what you think about my shows. Have you seen any of them? Do you want to?

12 comments:

  1. I've had a pretty rocky relationship with OUaT too, so I'm glad I've been hearing so many good things about this last season! I haven't watched past season...4 I think? So I have a lot of catching up to do. (And yes less guest stars please! Unless they are Mulan or Ruby because they should just be full cast I love them).

    And The Librarians looks so good! It looks very reminiscent of Warehouse 13 so I have high hopes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do think season 5 is probably the best season of OUaT since season 2 - and that's partially because they haven't been relying as heavily on new characters and they seem to have remembered - finally - that there's more people on the show than just the six or eight mains. Of course, season 5 have the dubious honor of making me hate a character I liked in season 1. (So I say with only the two-part season finale to watch.) Mulan and Ruby are both soo wonderful and they do both show up in season 5. (Which is the other reason the show improved in my mind.)

      It does, doesn't it. I really want to see it because I got to see the three movie trilogy - that starts with Quest for the Spear - that the series looks to be a sequel to.

      Delete
  2. I love Elementary and I feel like it's really underrated, especially considered to Sherlock, which I never quite got into. I saw a few episodes of The Librarians on tv and I really enjoyed what little I saw - if I didn't have such a long watchlist, I'd totally want to continue on with it. I'm really excited to see what you'll think of Shadowhunters! I thought it was pretty bad, so I ended up giving up on it, but I also heard that it improves and has many highlights later on, so I'm half tempted to continue.

    Great list, Amy!
    Hope you'll continue enjoying your faves & be able to start all the series you're interested in. :)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vera!

      I know what you mean. I watched I think 5 or 6 episodes of Sherlock and just really never really felt attached to the show. Elementary, on the other hand, just seems to get better each season and I love the updating of the characters. Yeah, I've heard Shadowhunters starts off pretty bad but I am curious enough that I want to give it a go sometime.

      Delete
  3. Same here with the Flash. I've come to really like that show but I've only seen the first season too. Waiting for S2 to hit Netflix. OUaT I've started but haven't gotten very far yet, but I am going to go back. And LEgends of Tomorrow looked good but I didn't watch it- I'll binge that too at some point.

    Daredevil I can say is good. I personally liked S2 better with the more ninja/ Elektra angle because the Kingpin thing didn't really wow me in S1 (although a lot of people thought KP was awesome). But it has amazing fight sequences and Foggy and KAren are both amazing. I hope you like it. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least I'm not the only one with The Flash (though I was waiting for the DVD release)! I've managed to avoid hearing/reading anyone talking about it for the most part - but there have been a few 'spoilers' that I've not been able to totally avoid. OUaT is...definitely a show that is up and down for me, but I always keep watching it. I've been putting Legends of Tomorrow on hold until I get to see season 2 of The Flash, because I know they're connected.

      Awesome, and thanks. I'm glad to hear you like Daredevil because, as odd as this sounds, I've not actually found anyone I know that's watched it.

      Delete
  4. Ha, as a librarian I have to day that The Librarians caught my eye - my job definitely doesn't look that exciting!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, so you already have a great job being a librarian, but can you just imagine how awesome it would be if it was like the show? Seriously, that right there would be like my dream job!

      Delete
  5. Um yes, where is The Librarians? I would love to watch this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I think it's already in it's third season - or starting it - and TNT needs to get with it.

      Delete
  6. This is such a great list! I'm way behind on my show watching -especially the super hero ones. I'm a few episodes into Daredevil but it's *fantastic*; I haven't even gotten far enough in Arrow to start watching Flash (I know they have crossovers occasionally and I'm weird that way. :P)
    The Librarians, though! It's one of my favorites! I didn't know they weren't being released on DVD. That makes me sad. Definitely dig in if you ever find it!
    Thanks for checking out my TTT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I do love superhero shows, so usually whenever one comes out I'm interested immediately. Glad to hear Daredevil's so good. I actually only watched season 1 of Arrow before deciding it was not my kind of show and when I heard that The Flash was a more lighthearted superhero series, I knew it would be much more my kind of show. (Most of the characters in the crossovers I'd already met - so I was only slightly confused a couple of times.)

      Ohh, that makes me want it more. Yeah, I've been looking for the DVD's since I first heard about it. I mean, if I was in Germany, I could get it on DVD - but what about us in the States? Nothing. Believe me, I will!

      Delete