Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Wishlist Wednesday #1

Hosted here.




Synopsis: Humans and androids crowd the raucous streets of New Beijing. A deadly plague ravages the population. From space, a ruthless lunar people watch, waiting to make their move. No one knows that Earth’s fate hinges on one girl. 

Cinder, a gifted mechanic, is a cyborg. She’s a second-class citizen with a mysterious past, reviled by her stepmother and blamed for her stepsister’s illness. But when her life becomes intertwined with the handsome Prince Kai’s, she suddenly finds herself at the center of an intergalactic struggle, and a forbidden attraction. Caught between duty and freedom, loyalty and betrayal, she must uncover secrets about her past in order to protect her world’s future. (taken from Goodreads)

I honestly cannot wait to get this book on my shelf. Next time I order books, I am buying it. So, anyway, it was probably the cover that first caught my attention - I just love the look of that robotic leg through a translucent stocking. It sounds like a rather unique take on the Cinderella story and although that wasn't one of my favorite fairy tales, this sounds beyond cool.

So, what do you think? Have you read Cinder? Liked it? Didn't like it? Interested in it but haven't read it yet?

I don't think anything you tell me would dull my interest in it, but if I hear from too many people that it was really good, by wishing for it might reach a fever pitch...


14 comments:

  1. Cinder is amazing book. Love this series so much. =)
    My WW: http://emsworldofbooks.blogspot.com/2014/02/wishlist-wednesday-6.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, goody. It does sound like a really awesome series and I can't wait to read it. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  2. I read Cinder last week, and it was really good! It's definitely worth the read, and I hope you enjoy it. Thanks for stopping by. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does sound really good, and a bit different. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. LOVED Cinder! I am reading Cress right now! I hope you get it soon!
    Brittany @ Spare Time Book blog
    My WW: http://sparetimebookblog.blogspot.com/2014/02/wishlist-wednesday-85.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. I am really looking forward to the book. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  4. How have you not read this yet?!? I absolutely LOVED Cinder, I've no doubt you will too. Amazing pick!
    Here's my WW: http://danielleheartsbooks.blogspot.com.au/2014/02/wishlist-wednesday-36.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know... Too many other books first, I guess. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete
  5. I loved Cinder!!! Amazing book :) Great pick and I hope you get it soon.
    http://bookloverslife.blogspot.ie/2014/02/wishlist-wednesday-26.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am very excited for it. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Cinder has been on my wish list FOREVER! I felt like I was only person on the planet who hadn't read it so I'm glad to know your still wishing for it too. Great pick, I hope you get to read it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, not the only one though it sure seems like it sometimes, doesn't it? Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. I am reading Cinder right now! I am currently about 150 pages in. The first couple of chapters were a little slow and I felt out of the loop, so I worried I would be one of the only people I know who doesn't like it! Now that I'm further in, I'm loving it, though! You should definitely pick it up!

    -Tiffany
    http://beneaththejacketreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, I just started it last night and, I will admit, it does start kind of slowly. However, I already love the setting. It's very interesting and I don't think I've ever seen a setting like it before. Thanks for commenting.

      Delete