Tuesday, September 29, 2015

Top Ten Books To Read If You Like These Super Popular Books

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

I'm actually not a big reader of really popular books or authors, but that's what this prompt was for. I have actually been thinking about doing a couple of posts like this, even though I'm always terrified of giving suggestions for books to read that are similar to certain books. But, I decided to give it a go and hope you find something here to read! I would like to note that I don't personally put all these books on the same level - I like some a lot more than others - but the ones I paired all have something in common that reminded me of each other as I was reading them or while thinking about them.


Three Books To Try If You Like: Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas






Three Books To Try If You Like: Uprooted by Naomi Novik




Two Books To Try If You Like: Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare



Two Books To Try If You Like: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling




There we have it. I'm honestly kind of nervous about this list. I definitely don't want my parallels to be the only reason any of you would choose to read a specific book - but if you really liked one in the group it couldn't hurt to take a look at the others. Some of these a similar in plot, others in characters and yet others in setting, but there's something in each of these that reminded me of the 'super popular' book.