Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Top Ten Songs for a Halloween Playlist

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

I'll admit it, I don't like horror as a genre. Which is kinda funny, because I like being scared. But in horror, you either get cheese (which sometimes can be so much fun but all I do is giggle) or psychological thriller (which can make me not sleep for a month). Plus, *spoiler* everyone dies. Always. For me, that's just not fun. (Yes, Alien vs. Predator, I'm looking at you.) If you want to know my kind of horror, go watch season one of Sleepy Hollow (not seen season two yet, but heard it wasn't as good) or season one of Supernatural (didn't like season two and have never watched more).


Needless to say, I'm very grateful to The Broke and the Bookish for giving us a freebie this week. Originally this was going to be atmospheric books. But then I realized, there's this very important part of both my life and Halloween for me that I hardly ever talk about. Halloween music!



Some of these will be cheesy Halloween songs, which is seriously something that is very necessary, but others will be maybe not quite so cheesy and I've got a few here that aren't really Halloween songs, but fit the season perfectly.

So, without further ado, here's my top ten songs for a Halloween playlist!







The Monster Mash by Bobby 'Boris' Pickett



Monster Stroll by Jocko


It's Almost Halloween by Panic! At The Disco



Black Spider by Sunday Driver



A Nightmare On My Street by Will Smith



The Greatest Show Unearthed by Creature Feature (Love this song!)



The Masquerade by Voltaire (Seriously, though, like 3/4ths of his music is perfect for Halloween.)


This Is Halloween - Marilyn Manson (I love this song. So much.)


And, because I'm feeling generous, check out this awesome cover of This is Halloween posted by Eva's Reason.


Calling All Monsters by China Anne McClain

Things Go Bump In The Night by allSTARS


Halloween by Aqua


Terror Time by Skysycle


Halloween by The Creepshow


Okay, so that's more than ten, but who cares. Halloween music needs more love and I came across some Halloween songs that I'd never even heard of before. And, except for The Monster Mash (which every Halloween playlist must have it) I don't think I've ever seen any of these on anyone else's playlists. I really hope you find something here you like.

Do you have any favorite Halloween songs? Anything you'd suggest to me? Tell me also about your plans for Halloween. Me, I'm staying home and, after coming across Terror Time, probably watching me some Scooby-Doo.