Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Top Ten Most Anticipated Releases for the Second Half of 2016

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

Honestly, just a few weeks ago I was looking at my upcoming books for the year - and I couldn't believe how few I had. Most of the books I've been excited for were early releases. Though there are still a couple that I super can't wait to get my hands on!




Age of Myth by Michael J. Sullivan
Releases: June 28th

So excited for this book. I've only had it on my TBR list for three years, after all! Anyway, it's a new fantasy series from the author of my favorite fantasy series ever. I can't wait!





Paper and Fire by Rachel Caine
Releases: July 5th

This is the sequel to one of the standout books for me of earlier this year. (Ink and Bone) I never expected to like that book as much as I did and I am very excited to get this one and see where the story heads next.




Imprudence by Gail Carriger
Releases: July 19th

Love the author, love the woman the story is about, been waiting over a year for this sequel! Why wouldn't it be on my list?






Nemesis by Anna Banks
Releases: October 4th

So, the tagline says: She didn't expect to fall in love with her nemesis... Now that could be horrible, terrible and awful - but I could also adore it. *Sigh* I hate it when this happens. But it's also tagged as 'futuristic' and 'fantasy' so I am super curious.




Timekeeper by Tara Sim
Releases: November 1st

Just check this out: 'alternate Victorian world controlled by clock towers.' Also curious as this seems like it boasts a gay romance and I have been wanting to read some non hetero romances. Besides erotica, but that totally doesn't count and just ignore this.




Steeplejack by A.J. Hartley
Releases: June 14th (Yes, today!)

While I love the idea of racial diversity and steampunk and fantasy, this book really had my attention from: a land resembling Victorian South Africa.





Daybreak Rising by C.K. Oliver
Releases: ...2016? Seriously, we'll be lucky to get it then, because there's no cover!

There are so many things about this book that sounds awesome! The heroine trained to be the savior fails! She must redeem herself by working with a group! Magic and technology coexist! Or collide! It's tagged glbt (though I am unsure if that's the main character, or not...). Also, one of the reviewers mentioned diversity (sexual, disabled and mentally ill) and I am so interested.


Royal Tour by Amy Alward
Releases:  August 11th

The first book is this series was so much fun and I am looking forward to another blend-up of fantasy and reality shows and princesses and cable tv. But, why is there no cover yet?


Untitled (Omega City sequel) by Diana Peterfreund
Releases: 2016?

Okay, I'm not sure how much hope I have for this being released this year, because we don't even have a synopsis. Anyway, Omega City was a fun MG book and I am looking forward to this.

The Queen of Blood by Sarah Beth Durst
Releases: September 20th

'[...]the spirits that reside within this land want to rid it of all humans.' I mean, hello? Who wouldn't want to read that? And if that weren't enough, '[...]young women are chosen to train as heirs.' This isn't just an 'all important royal blood' sort of throne, but one where the best truly has a chance of ruling. (Because, let's face it, a hereditary monarchy has opportunities for all sorts of problems.)




And there we have it, the ten books that I'm most excited for. Although, looking through my 'not-yet-released' shelf, I am starting to wonder why several of those books - at least three - are even still on there. Because, really, they don't sound like something I'd want to read at all.

Anyway, what are you looking forward to these next six months?