Monday, July 18, 2016

Amy's 14 Steps to Reading City of Bones by Cassandra Clare

Step 1: Fear
Okay, I've heard a lot of talk about it - but why is there a picture of a half-naked guy on the cover? And what is up with his skin? Seriously, I don't read those type of books. I'll pass.


Step 2: Disinterest
Wow, that series is getting long. Hmm, I'll find something else to read.

Step 3: Cover Love
What's this? 'Clockwork Angel'? Look at that cover... But it's by the same author as City of Bones.

Step 4: Cover Love Killed the Reader
Fine! I'll buy it. I won't like it. But I'll buy it.

Step 5: Surprise
Okay... It was better than I thought it'd be - not that that actually says much.

Step 6: Shut Up
*Reading Clockwork Prince*

Step 7: Vague Interest
City of Bones movie? I guess I could watch it. If I find the dvd in the five bucks bin.

Step 8: Giving Up
But... I don't want a hardback copy of Clockwork Princess. Fine, I'll buy it.

Step 9: Emotions
*Tears*

Step 10: Denial
I'm not going to read The Chronicles of Magnus Bane.

*One Week Later*













Step 11: Well, That Happened
What? Don't give me that look. I don't even know who half these people are.

Step 12: Giving In
Okay, fine, I'll buy the book.

Step 13: Indifference
So, I bought it. And it only took me 13 months to start it.

Step 14: Blerg
You'd think one day I'd learn that no matter how urban fantasy is dressed up, it's just not my genre. (Unless it's historical UF, because that's a whole other subject.)


So, ladies and gents, this is the vague process I went through from first seeing this book on the shelf to where I stand now. (And, no, I have no intent of continuing this series.) (And, in truth, I wanted to finally get this post finished and off my computer.)