Thursday, December 29, 2016

2016: End of Year Book Survey

This was partially inspired by Jamie's awesome yearly survey over at The Perpetual Page Turner. But I definitely customized with some of my own stuff. (And I'm also not going to duplicate books. If I've already answered them for something, that book can't be my answer again.)


The Stats
Number of Books Read: 146 (being a few days early as I know that number will go up yet)
Total Pages Read: 42,771 (whohoo!)
Number of Audiobooks Listened: 0 - I don't usually do audiobooks.
Number of Rereads: 1 - I'm going to try to do more next year!
Average Rating: 3.99 (which, really, isn't bad)
Shortest Book: Overtime by Avon Gale (12)
Longest Book: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (759)
Average Book Length: 240 (I was actually hoping that the average would be a little higher than that...)

By The Number Books
Fantasy Books Read: 66 (20 more than 2015)
Sci-Fi Books Read: 42 (16 more than 2015)
Historical (inc. AU) Books Read: 18 (4 less than 2015)
Romance Books Read: 29 (15 more than 2015)
Contemporary Books Read: 23 (2 more than 2015)

Best in Books
Favorite Fantasy of  the Year: The Death of Dulgath by Michael J. Sullivan
Favorite Science Fiction of the Year: Earth Flight by Janet Edwards
Favorite Historical of the Year: Rebel Magisters by Shanna Swendson
Favorite Contemporary of the Year: Empty Net by Avon Gale
Favorite Romance of the Year: Beauty & the Beast by K.M Shea


Beginnings & Ends
Favorite Series Starter: The Cloud Roads by Martha Wells
Favorite Mid-Series Book: Valor's Trial by Tanya Huff
Favorite Series Finale: The Paladin Caper by Patrick Weekes & The Ace of Skulls by Chris Wooding


Assorted Favorites
Favorite Debut of the Year: Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis
Favorite New-To-Me Author of the Year: Betsy Cornwell (Mechanica)
Favorite 'Surprise' Book of the Year: The Winner's Curse by Marie Rutkoski
Favorite Book I Read Because of Recommendation(s): The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison
Favorite Book By An Author I Read Previously: Imprudence by Gail Carriger
Favorite 'Overlooked' Book: Villains by Necessity by Eve Forward
Favorite Cover: Ink and Bone by Rachel Caine




Favorite Friendship: Hadrian & Royce (Death of Dulgath by Michael J. Sullivan)
Book I Recommend To Everyone: I don't think I've been really pushing any books this year... Maybe Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell
Book I Can't Believe I Waited So Long To Read: Thorn by Intisar Khanani


Looking Ahead
Book/Series I Didn't Read This Year That I WILL Next Year: Champion of the Rose by Andrea K. Host
Non Debut Book I'm Most Anticipating: Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas
Debut Book I'm Most Anticipating: Heartstone by Elle Katherine White
Series Finale I'm Most Anticipating: Uhm... I don't think I've got any...
One Thing I Want To Accomplish Next Year: Socialize more. I want to develop a habit of really talking to people on the internet. (Which, currently, I kinda suck at doing...)

Not my divider;
but I forgot where
I got it from!