Monday, March 30, 2015

March Wrap-Up

March was actually kind of struggle for me. I did actually manage to get most of the stuff published that I wanted to - but it still feels weak. I don't know. Instead of scrounging desperately for something to post, I started work on April's blogging schedule. To make matters worse, the weather finally warmed up. Now, I want to be outside in this gorgeous 60+ degree, sunny weather.



Surprising myself a bit, I managed to get a lot of reading done this month.




I'm also in the process of finishing:













All in all, my reading this month was certainly above average, both in amount as well as quality. In fact:

Books read this month:
3 - *****'s
3 - ****'s
2 - **'s
1 - *'s


The really awesome thing is that all except The Girl in the Gatehouse was pulled from my TBR jar. That book was one that I borrowed and needed to read so I could return it. This month was also a couple of firsts for me. Not only did I use a TBR jar (which I really like how it works for me) I also read my first book on my kindle.


A few thoughts on The Half-Blood Prince.
Halfhearted review for The Hunchback Assignments.
My thoughts on the audiobook of Julius Caesar in a paragraph. (And not even a big one.)
My review/rant about Smarty Bones will be up April 22nd.
My The Well of Ascension review.
My review on Seeds of Discovery will be up April 29th.


I had one more book that I drew from my TBR jar that I didn't get to. (After the initial seven, plus reading the book I borrowed, I drew three more, knowing I'd only get to to of them.) That book will be added to my reading list for next month.

I've got big things planned for April. In fact, I've got some days that I'm planning on posting twice (something I said I'd never do) because I'm participating in Fairy Tale Fortnight and I still have a few of my normal posts that I want to get out. It's going to be a busy month! I'm really looking forward to it though - I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that this doesn't give me burnout.


Honestly, when I first came up with the idea to do a post like this at the end of the month, I thought for sure that I'd have something non-bookish to say... But I don't.

Sigh.

Happy Spring!