Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Top Ten All Time Favorite Books That I Read In the Last Three Years

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

Go look at my favorite books of last year. Okay, okay, I'm just joking. Well... Sort of. I never know quite what to do with lists like this. I mean, they're fun to do, but they are so subjective - and just because this book makes my list this week, doesn't mean it would next week. (Anyone else have this problem?) Roughly in reverse order.

Top Ten All Time Favorite Books That I Read In the Last Three Years

10.
Finishing School Book 3
Gail Carriger
A book series that just keeps getting better and better. I am so looking forward to the final book this fall. Highly recommended for YA readers that want to try Steampunk.

9.
Tales of the Ketty Jay Book 3
Chris Wooding
After a slightly bumpy start to the series, I have been loving each sequel more and more. This is a little like what would happen if Firefly was turned Steampunk and I love it.

8.
The Riyria Revelations Book 1
Michael J. Sullivan
The first book in an amazing, epic fantasy series. This is the beginning. They killed the king. They pinned it on two men. They chose poorly. My favorite fantasy series. Ever.

7.
The Emperor's Edge Book 7
Lindsay Buroker
This is it. The last six books all culminate into this moment. Not all will survive. The world will be changed. I love this series so much. Everything is just so perfect.

6.
Parasol Protectorate Book 5
Gail Carriger
When a series ends so well, it's one of the best feelings ever. This series was not without it's ups and downs for me, but this book pulled everything together in such an amazing way and I love the entire series.

5.
Rosamund Hodge
More than a little surprised it's this low on my list. I love this book. It is a gorgeous, amazing, evocative retelling of Beauty and the Beast and I couldn't have asked for a better book.

4.
The Riyria Revelations Book 4
Michael J. Sullivan
As much as I love the first three books, I think this was probably the book that made me love and adore the series and made me throw my hands in the air in defeat and admit that this was my favorite fantasy series. Because it is.

3.
The Lunar Chronicles Book 3
Marissa Meyer
After a lackluster first book, I never expected this series to grow on me as much as it did. I love this book. I love the characters and how everything came together. I even love the journey plot - and I never like journey plots!

2.
The Emperor's Edge Book 5
Lindsay Buroker
I don't really have a reason why I liked this book more than all the others in the series. Maybe it was because of the co-narrator? Maybe it was the plot, when things started getting serious. I don't know, but I love this book.




And all this brings us to number one. My favorite book of the past three years. (Who am I kidding?) My favorite book in ten years. The book I gave my heart to. The book that all others get measured by. If you've were following me at all last year, you probably already know what it is. The book I didn't shut up about.

The Riyria Revelations Book 6
Michael J. Sullivan
"I saw a great journey. Ten upon the road, she who wears the light will lead the way. The road goes deep into the earth, and into despair. The voices of the dead guide your steps. You walk back in time. The three-thousand-year battle begins again. Cold grips the world, death comes to all, and a choice is before you." -- Fan Irlanu, Tenkin Seerer of Oudorro Village

It all comes down to this...


So, what do you think? Have you read any of these books? Can I talk you into reading any of these books? Love to know your favorite books too, so leave me a link.