Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Top Ten - and I'm Talking Movie Adaptations

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

As much as I love reading and movies, I usually just don't do a very good job actually watching movies adapted for books. Maybe because it seems like they seldom make movies of fantasy books - but more likely, because whenever I do sit down to watch a movie (which is like once a month) I want to watch a superhero movie. (I've got an ever growing collection of Marvel movies that I love rewatching.) However, there are some books whose movie I want to read - and some movies whose spawning book I want to read.

I've Read the Book - Now to Watch the Movie...


Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead
I know, I know, I suck. It feels like I read this book six months ago (by now it might have been) and I've been wanting to see the movie ever since then.







The Maze Runner by James Dashner
So, I didn't love the book. At all. Mostly because of the problems I had with the main guy. But, I am much critical to my movies and I really would like to see it. Eventually.







The Princess Bride by William Goldman
I won't go into my problems with this book, or my inability to actually even finish it. I will say that I've heard the movie is a bit different and the changes are things that I think might make it more palatable for me.







Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
There's like a bajillion adaptations of this out there and as someone that loved the book when she read it - more years ago now than I'd care to admit - I have never seen any of them. I want to, though. Especially the one with Keira Knightley








I've Seen the Movie, Now to Read the Book...


The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot
I saw both movies years ago and thought they were fun. The books have been dancing around in my subconscious and I know next time I want a read like this, I will pick it up.







The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
I saw the movie (or, one of them, anyway) a couple of times years ago. Ever since then I've told myself I should read the book. I never have. I should though.







Inkheart Cornelia Funke
Seen the movie. Kind of love the movie. My immediate thought after finishing it was that I needed to read the book. Still haven't read it. Unfortunately, I would have been more likely to read it if it was the story within the story - because that one sounds awesome. 






Stardust by Neil Gaiman
So, I've seen the movie a couple of times and really enjoy it. I've heard that the book isn't as good, but I've also heard that it's better. Eventually I'd like to read the book for myself.







The Lost World by Arthur Conan Doyle
Not so much the movie, though I did see a miniseries, but the awesome, awesome TV show. There's one reason I've not read this book and one reason only: I'm afraid of it making me dislike a show that I love. (Besides, I know it'll be totally different.)






Dinotopia by James Gurney
Does this count? Anyway, I'm going to admit that I adore the corny show - much more than the miniseries - and that I do know this doesn't even follow the same people. But I have heard about the pictures in here. I want to read it just for them, regardless of anything else.




I actually didn't have to dig for these as much as I thought I might. Especially once I remembered dinosaurs. So, let me know what I should read/watch and what I might just be better skipping.