Monday, February 29, 2016

February Wrap-Up


I think this month was my winter doldrums . I had absolutely no energy to do anything. I didn't have a full blog this month and I certainly didn't feel like commenting. In fact, each week, I thought it was a week later in the month than it was.

I blame part of this on the weather. We have been crazy warm this winter. Two saturdays ago it was eighty degrees for a high! We've not even had any snow this year besides a light dusting one evening that was gone a day later. I want snow, I want a winter.

Sigh.

Beyond that, I've turned a year older and don't feel a bit different. You're supposed to, right? Like feel a whole year older from one day to the next?

I also came really close to making my reading goal this month. I wanted to read 12 books for a total of 4000 pages. Well, I made the books and only missed the page count by 33. Happy with that, but I actually thought I'd be reading more than that. Of course, I've been playing computer games a lot recently, and reading has taken a kind of back seat to that.


What I've been reading...



Air Awakens by Elise Kova - ***** - Review
The Seventh Spell by Danielle E. Shipley - ****
The Mermaid's Madness by Jim C. Hines - ****



Beauty & the Beast by K.M. Shea - *****
Decrypted by Lindsay Buroker - *****
Alanna: The First Adventure by Tamora Pierce - ****



Viper's Creed by T.L. Shreffler - **** - Review: 3/9
The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater - ** - Review: 3/16
Poison Dance by Livia Blackburne - **



Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling - *
Feyland: The Bright Court by Anthea Sharp - ****
Kingdom of Ashes by Rhiannon Thomas - *****


Arisa Vol. 9 by Natsumi Ando - *****
Arisa Vol. 10 by Natsumi Ando - *****


Buying ban information to date...
I can buy/get free 1 book for every 5 I read.
Series continuations are free.

Physical books read: 39
E-books read: 23

Physical books bought: 2
E-books bought: 5



What I've been watching…

Kamigami no Asobi. I adore this show. I've seen quite a few otome games turned into anime, but this one is definitely my favorite. And, now, I want to play the game. An English translation would be lovely…

Falling Skies season 3. I still do dearly love this show, but there was a couple of episodes in there where the two main characters started action soo strange. I mean, seriously, what was up with them?

Finally finished the first half of Nobunaga the Fool and will not, ever, be watching the second half. Because, blerg. (So it totally counts.)

Rewatched season 5 of Warehouse 13. You know, I totally thought the ending was out of left field the first time I watched this…But I can kind of see them pointing in that direction through season 5. Which was only 6 episodes and still does not make up for the previous four seasons that seemed to want to avoid this for all it was worth. So, yeah, still a little unhappy with it. But at least they handled it as well as everything else on the series. (Except for several more out of the blue 'reveals.' Now that I think it…Season 5 was really odd…)

Rewatched Saiyuki Reload (which is season 3 of the entire series). What can I say? Still love the show. Still adore the people. The music from this season has even started to grow on me. And, I definitely think that season 3 is still my favorite. Course now I have to watch season 4 to make sure. ;)


Really lazy, unproductive month for me. How was your February? Did you get snow? (ake me jealous.)