Friday, April 29, 2016

April Wrap-Up


I don't really have much to say. I thought I was feeling better, then I got a migraine right in the freaking middle of the month. So, yeah, in an effort to not bitch and moan to you about probably everything under the sun, let's get to the books.

What I've been reading...



A Question of Honor by Lindsay Buroker - ****
Labyrinths of the Heart by Lindsay Buroker - ****
Death from Below by Lindsay Buroker - ****



Bloodhound by Tamora Pierce - ***
City of Bones by Cassandra Clare - ** - My Thoughts
Earth Star by Janet Edwards - ****



The Twilight Kingdom by Anthea Sharp - ****
The Ruins of Karzelek by Ruby Lionsdrake - ****
The Copenhagen Connection by Elizabeth Peters - *** - My Thoughts


Rogues by Ava March - **
American Girl on Saturn by Nikki Godwin - ****
The Song Caster by Danielle E. Shipley - *****



Wolves by C. Gockel - ***
The Prophecy Con by Patrick Weekes - *****
The Better Part of Valor by Tanya Huff - *****



The Sun's Rival by Danielle E. Shipley - *****
Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis - ***** - Review: 5/4
The Scarecrow King by Jill Myles - **** - Review: 5/11


Buying ban information to date...
I can buy/get free 1 book for every 5 I read.
Series continuations are free.

Physical books read: 53
E-books read: 38

Physical books bought: 9
E-books bought: 12

I won't go into how badly I failed this month. I just won't go there.


What I've been watching...
I've decided to do this a little different. From now on I'm only going to mention the shows I rewatched. After all, if I liked them enough to rewatch them, say I like them doesn't really tell you anything you didn't already know.

I watched Tokyo Ravens and, while I did enjoy the show, the last four episodes really killed it for me. It was another one of those shows where we are told very clearly who the good guys are and if you disagree with what they're doing, you're one of the bad guys - and I totally disagreed with the 'heroes' in those last four episodes.

I also finished season one of Log Horizon. It's a pretty good show, though I could totally do without what is appearing to be a love square - in that three girls are all in love with the main guy. Blerg.

I've also watched a bit more Fairy Tail. I'm now up to episode 199 and I think the show has almost completely lost me. The Grand Magic Games were bad - and depressing - enough. But just when I thought that the story was getting fun again - even with the crappy time travel - we have one of the asspulls that I hate the most 'solve' everything. Honestly, it felt like the creator just went 'I'm tired of this story arc, how can I get out of it quickly?' and I feel like ... well, like I kind of hate the show now.

I rewatched:
Yu Yu Hakusho season 4
Numb3rs season 5
Okami-San and her Seven Companions