Friday, November 25, 2016

Fall Activities Book Tag

I hope those of you in the U.S. had a great Thanksgiving day and that you're not totally in a turkey coma today. And I hope everyone enjoys this fall themed tag, that I unearthed at nyareads when I was in desperate need of a fun tag for this fine fall day.

APPLE PICKING
A book on your TBR that looks so delicious you can’t wait to take a bite out of it.



Rebel Magisters by Shanna Swendson
I think this cover is just lovely. After the first book in the series, I am really looking forward to having some time to read this one.

CORN MAZE
A book that’s so much fun to get lost in.


The Custard Protocol Series by Gail Carriger
I'm totally cheating on this one - but it's one of my current favorite series. Though I do adore anything by Carriger.
HAUNTED HOUSES
A book that scared you silly.

I...don't really do horror books. Honestly, the only time I really remember getting 'scared silly' was when I had to read The Tell-Tale Heart by Edgar Allan Poe as part of a class in school. I hated it. Completely hated it. And it cured me of ever being interested in horror books ever again.

PUMPKIN PATCH
The latest book you picked up (purchased).



A-Force: Hypertime by Wilson, Thompson & Molina
I've been gradually meddling more and more in comics - especially trying to find comics that haven't been turned into movies yet - and this one sounded way too good to pass up.

SCENIC DRIVES
A book that is lyrically beautiful.


Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
I...need to reread this book. I always talk about the lovely writing, but I'm not even sure (considering my luck with the author since) that I still like this book. So, yeah, reread.
PUMPKIN CARVING
A book you didn't like and wouldn't mind carving up.


Wearing the Cape: The Beginning by Marion G. Harmon
This book is utter rubbish. It's racist and objectifies women and is just creepy and horrible. Give me a pumpkin knife and I'll carve it up. (It's also just a free sample and I can only guess at the misogyny and racism that will fill the story from this point on.)
DRINKING APPLE CIDER
A sweet book to curl up under the covers with.


Radiance by Grace Draven
This is a delightful, slightly steamy, fantasy romance that made me love both characters.
JUMPING IN A LEAF PILE

A book that reminds you of your childhood.



Literally Murder by Ali Brandon

When I was young - think 8-14 - I read almost exclusively mysteries. Especially cozies, so it should come as no surprise that I best mystery I've read in literally years would remind me of my younger years.

SCARY MOVIE NIGHT
Your favourite spooky read.


Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan
If we can change 'spooky' to 'atmospheric' this would definitely be the book.

BONUS! COSTUME PARTY
A book with an eclectic cast of characters.


The Stepsister Scheme by Jim. C. Hines
I really love this series, and the characters in in are all so different and awesome.

Happy Fall! Happy Thanksgiving! Happy Black Friday! (Though I'm not touching the stores today!) If you love fall consider yourself tagged. If you don't love fall (seriously, what's wrong with you?) consider yourself tagged.