Monday, January 30, 2017

January Wrap-Up


This month has been actually pretty uneventful.

Which, I gotta admit, has been really nice after the crazies of the last two months. And, as a bonus, I got a super lot of reading done. Which is always good!


What I've been reading...



Hexbreaker by Jordan L. Hawk - *****
Pandora Hearts Vol. 8 by Jun Mochizuki - *****
Luck in the Shadows by Lynn Flewelling - ****



A Fashionable Indulgence by K.J. Charles - ****
The Pirate Captain's Daughter by Ruby Lionsdrake - ***
The 13th Hex by Jordan L. Hawk - ****



Masque by W.R. Gingell - ***
Pandora Hearts Vol. 9 by Jun Mochizuki - ****
Home & Away by Samantha Wayland - ****



Cardfight!! Vanguard Vol. 1 by Akira Itou - ****
Steamed Up by Assorted Authors - ****
Karneval Vol. 5 by Touya Mikanagi - *****



The Serpent Sea by Martha Wells - *****
Strange Fortune by Josh Lanyon - ****
Pembroke Park by Michelle Martin - *****



A Christmas Hex by Jordan L. Hawk - ****
An Accident of Stars by Foz Meadows - *****



What I've been watching...
Not as much as I've been reading, that's for sure.

I bought and watched (rewatched, with most of the episodes) the original Scooby-Doo Where Are You? series. I finally managed to get season one DC's Legends of Tomorrow finished. I love the show but, I just got kind of stuck towards the end. Anyway, definitely one of my favorites.

I also rewatched Human Target - though it had been so long since I'd seen it (borrowed ages ago from my brother, in fact) that it was almost like watching it brand new. And finally, I watched the movie Space Station 76. It was somewhat entertaining, but I honestly don't even know what it was or what the point of it was. Because, as far as I could tell, there was no story/plot there at all.

So, what have you been reading/watching this month? Did anything exciting happen?