Monday, January 2, 2017

Statistics Survey 2016

Found this over at The Book Addicts Guide and me, being as totally obsessed with numbers and statistics as I am, decided immediately that I had to do this!
number of statistics survey
  • Number of books read…
    • Under 250 pages (not including novellas): 35
    • Between 400-449 pages: 9
    • Between 450-499 pages: 7
    • Over 500 pages: 5
    • Over 1000 pages: 0
  • Number of…
    • Audiobooks: 0
    • Re-reads: 1
    • DNFs (did not finish): 30
  • Number of books rated…
    • Five Stars: 51
    • One/Two Stars: 16
  • Number of authors met in 2016: Zero.
  • Number of book events attended in 2016: Eh... One? Man, I got to start socializing more! (And it was online, too!)
  • Number of books you read in one day: For me, it's highly unusual I can finish more than one book in a day.
  • Number of books that made you cry: 2 - I think!
  • Number of 2017 books you have on pre-order: None! Though I really, really think I need to pre-order Long May She Reign by Rhiannon Thomas.
by the books statistics survey
  • Book read furthest away from home (vacation reads?): I don't go on vacation. Though I'm picturing a nice ski resort...
  • Book that took you the longest to read: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  • Book that you personally connected with the most: Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell
  • Book that made you love the villain: Villains by Necessity by Eve Forward (villain protags FTW!)
  • Book you said you'd come back to but still haven't picked up again: None. This year I have learnt the fine art of 'what the hell am I even reading? Welp, I'm not reading it anymore!' (AKA: DNFing)
  • Book you read waaaay before it's publication date: I don't read ARC's.
  • Book you read on your birthday: The Bright Court by Anthea Sharp
  • Book with a character who shares your name: Wolves by C. Gockel
  • Book you weren't entirely truthful about when rating (Fluff up any ratings? Rated even though you didn’t finish?): Even though my opinion might (and does sometimes) change the next day, when I rate a book I'm 100% truthful in what I'm currently feeling towards the book.
  • Book you read in 2016 but already want to re-read: The Cloud Roads by Martha Wells, The Fire's Stone by Tanya Huff & The Death of Dulgath by Michael J. Sullivan.
  • Book you borrowed from a friend a long time ago and still have: None!
  • Book you wish you could go back and read for the first time again: Air Awakens by Elise Kova
  • Most books read by one author this year: 8
this & that statistics survey
  • Happiest & saddest: I don't know. Judging it objectively, I'm not sure any books I read are really either happy or sad. I mean, some books make me happy and some books make me sad, but that's irrelevant to the actual intention of the author, I think. That like how some books make me angry and I know that wasn't the author's intent.
  • Longest & shortest…
    • By page number: Longest: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Shortest: Overtime by Avon Gale
    • By title: Longest: The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr Hyde Shortest: Thief by Ava March
    • From buying to reading: Longest: Fire Falling by Elise Kova Shortest: Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda by Beck Albertalli
  • Best & worst…
    • Average rating on Goodreads: Best: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (4.60 avg - I rated it 1 star because it's one of the books I hated the most this year.) Worst: Warrior by Zoe Archer (3.38 avg - and I don't get it because it was a fun book.)
    • Books you read/your rating: Best: I can't choose just one. I really, really can't Worst: Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
    • Series enders: Best: The Ace of Skulls by Chris Wooding & The Paladin Caper by Patrick Weekes Worst: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  • First & last…
    • Reads of 2016: First: Timebound by Rysa Walker Last: Say Yes to the Marques by Tessa Dare
    • Books on your bookcase (1st book on the top left and last book on the bottom right): First: The Yellow Silk by Don Bassingthwaite Last: ... Oops, I knew I was forgetting to look something up...
  • Most disappointing & biggest pleasant surprise: Most disappointing: Truthwitch by Susan Dennard Best Surprise: Stitching Snow by R.C. Lewis
  • Fandom you joined & one you abandoned: Joined: The Tanya Huff fandom because I LOVE her books! Abandoned: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead fandom
  • Series you picked up & series you quit: Started: The Books of the Raksura by Martha Wells Quit: The Cat's Eye Chronicles by T.L. Shreffler
  • Most lenient & harshest ratings: Lenient: The Girls at the Kingfisher Club by Genevieve Valentine Harshest: The Galahad Legacy by Dom Testa
  • Most hyped & furthest under the radar that you read: Most Hyped: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows & Truthwitch by Susan Dennard Under the Radar: The Song Caster by Danielle E. Shipley
grab bag statistics survey
  • Book you read that is red: Return to the Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz
  • Starts with X, Y, or Z: None. Though I've got a handful of W's, a couple of V's and even a Q and a U.
  • Book you hugged when you finished it: The Cloud Roads by Martha Wells (though I think I stroked it more than I hugged it.)
  • Book you wanted to throw across a room: Truthwitch by Susan Dennard (which I only finished so I could write a very uncomplimentary review.)
  • Food you craved while/after reading a certain book: Lemonade whilst reading Rebel Magisters by Shanna Swendson.
  • Book that became an instant go-to recommendation: I didn't really have one this year. Maybe, Mechanica by Betsy Cornwell.
  • Furthest out of your comfort zone: City of Bones by Cassandra Claire (Urban fantasy just isn't my thing. Though I love historical urban fantasy...)
  • Read on a recommendation (that you may not have picked up yourself): I don't think anyone recommended me any books this year... Please, recommend me some books! I love getting book recommendations!
  • Forced yourself to finish: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
  • Series or author's works you binged (whether all at once or throughout the year): Avon Gale & Tanya Huff & Lindsay Buroker
Blogging_Life
  • First… 
  • Last…
    • Post of 2016: December Wrap-Up
    • Review of 2016: Warrior by Zoe Archer
  • Number of posts in 2016: 210 (see below about my hiatus, but still, it's a pretty good number, I think.)
  • Number of reviews posted in 2016: 36 This isn't as many as last year, but I had a month+ hiatus towards the end of summer that I really needed to recharge myself.
  • Least coherent review: The Cloud Roads by Martha Wells (which is why it created a whole new review method for me!) (And last year the book that I answered this with was another Martha Wells book.)
  • Post with the most views (posted in 2016): My Thoughts on a Black Hermione Granger and Race in the Harry Potter World - so, I never expected this post to blow up quite the way it did - especially considering I only wrote it to get my thoughts down.
  • Post you wish you could re-write: How about just not post? There were a few, right before I started my hiatus, that I just really wish I hadn't posted because they are so not me or what I'm about at all.
Hope you guys are all having a killer start to 2017 - and on that note: