Monday, December 1, 2014

e-readers

Well, I waited too long.

On Friday, Amazon was having a big sale on their kindles (saving thirty bucks on the cheap one) but I wasn't quite ready to buy it yet. So I waited until their 'Cyber Monday' sale, and kindles were no longer on sale. So, I'll probably be waiting another year before buying one.

I'm not really all that convinced to buy an e-reader. I've not had one yet and the only reason I'm even considering it is because so many more books are available. (Books that have been re-released only for e-readers or books that were never conventionally published to begin with.) Honestly, I love real, physical books - but they seem to be something of a dying breed and I bet they'll have been almost completely phased out in my lifetime.

So, I'm wondering, am I the only one that doesn't have an e-reader yet? If you don't have one, why not? If you do, would you recommend nook or kindle?