Thursday, March 24, 2016

Book Spine Poetry

So, I'm not a poet. (Which I think will be quite obvious when you see my 'work.') However, I've been seeing this for ages and I've been wanting to do it nearly as long because it looks like so much fun. Well, coming from someone that usually doesn't even understand poetry - probably quite a disappointment to my brother - it was…interesting. (Yes, and fun, but kind of challenging too.)


Heartless, the seventh sentinel,
The last guardian,
Masquerades
The doom of kings


Books Used:
Heartless by Gail Carriger
The Seventh Sentinel by Mary Kirchoff
The Last Guardian by Jeff Grubb
Masquerades by Kate Novak & Jeff Grubb
The Doom of Kings by Don Bassingthwaite


Word of traitors
Whisper the dead
Lord of the silent
Unspoken, ring of secrets


Books Used:
Word of Traitors by Don Bassingthwaite
Whisper the Dead by Alyxandra Harvey
Lord of the Silent by Elizabeth Peters
Unspoken by Sarah Rees Brennan

Ring of Secrets by Roseanna M. White



Beneath the surface,
The eternal ice
Timeless, storm breaking
Ice cracker


Books Used:
Beneath the Surface by Lindsay Buroker
The Eternal Ice by Jeff Grubb
Timeless by Gail Carriger
Storm Breaking by Mercedes Lackey

Ice Cracker (II: and Other Stories) by Lindsay Buroker


What have I discovered? That poetry is still something I just usually don't get. Except for that 'miles to go before I sleep' one by Robert Frost -  because that one, I seriously love. I've also realized that some authors/type of books just work better for my kind of poetry. Also, I like poetry best when it doesn't rhyme. (Seriously, I was working on one that rhymed, but it just didn't make any sense at all.)

Yes, I do own all these books - but between my finicky camera and a weak internet, you don't get the pictures. Besides, two of these are on kindle. :)