Monday, March 21, 2016

My Writing: I Fail and Clockpunk

You know, it's totally the strangest thing, I have been struggling a lot lately in writing. It seems that no matter what idea I have, no matter how much I love the characters and what I'm working on, I struggle to really sit down and write. Just write.

Well, back around the middle of February, I was clicking around the internet - how people do - and found a picture.


It's basically just these gears floating through the sky that people live on!

As soon as I saw it, I said 'I want to write a story like that.' So, I sat down and started writing. In the space of a week, I think I got more written for this than I have anything else I've tried to write in the past six months.

Now, it's not perfect, but it's a plot and characters that I can see myself building over time and loving.

I don't know what, exactly, it means for my fantasy stories I want to write, but for now, I'm going where my muse takes me. And, right now, she's taking me to a world filled with clockwork gears floating in the sky, strange Egyptian steampunk, aliens and air trains.

We'll see how things go and I might be ready to share some of this with you next month!