Monday, August 17, 2015

Books With Royalty

taking place here
It's because of posts like this that I didn't want to announce what my topics were going to be. Because this isn't what I had planned. At all. But my other plans fell through and while I was scouring my books for a recomendations post I could pull together, this came about.

Prince Kai is actually one of my favorite nobles I've come across because he's willing to do anything for his country. I've always found those sort of nobles (kings, queens, princes and princesses) to be so great to read about. But, there's some nobles in these six books that are as great and I highly recommend all of them.



Falling Kingdoms by Morgan Rhodes - Featuring: Many, many royals. We have kings and queens, princes and princesses and that's just in the first book. Two of the three kingdoms are ruled by royalty and, if my memory serves, a prince and princess from another land visit in a later book.

Seeds of Discovery by Breeana Puttroff - Featuring: A whole royal family. And it's a big family. We have the king and queen, plus about a dozen princes and princesses and some of their spouses and/or significant others.

The Emperor's Edge by Lindsay Buroker - Featuring: A young Emperor that is out of his depth. While Sespian has the largest role in this, the first book, his is a presence that is felt, even while not seen.


Theft of Swords by Michael J. Sullivan - Featuring: A newly minted King and his sister, the Princess. Also later books reveals a Queen by design but not birth and...well...that's spoilers.

The Swan Prince by Danielle E. Shipley - Featuring: Not telling because it's spoilers. But believe me when I tell you that this book (and, quite possibly, the whole series) is awash with royalty.

The Isle of the Lost by Melissa de la Cruz - Featuring: A young Prince on the mainland being groomed to take over for his father one day. And the daughter of the self titled Evil Queen. (Does that make her Evil Princess?)


Six books that I highly recommend and think you need to be reading. Not getting pushy or anything. ;) Want to drop me some suggestions? I love royalty in my books almost like I love assassins in my books so please do!