Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

I love the idea behind this, but 'auto-buy' isn't something I do. Even if I think the world of the author, there's just some things that are a turn-off for me. However, I do have authors that, as soon as I find out they're releasing something new, I'm over at Goodreads seeing what it is. There's definitely some that, even if I have my doubts, I'd probably still buy the book anyway. I don't do 'auto-buy' though as I don't actually 'auto-buy' anything. If I did though, these are the authors that would be auto-bought. (Now I'm thinking of the Transformers. The autobots!)


Top Ten Auto-Buy Authors

Lindsay Buroker
I'm slowly making my way through everything that she's written be it her fantasy books, her steampunk books or her sci-fi romances under a pen name. I even plan on reading her contemporary romance eventually!

Gail Carriger
So, this author has basically stayed in one genre, (steampunk with a side of romance and adventure) but I love her writing style so much by now that I'd probably follow her to any other genre too.

Rhiannon Thomas
This is totally not fair considering I've only read one of her books, but I loved it sooo much. Also, I've visited her blog and this is a woman that I think I'd enjoy whatever she'd write.

Elaine Cunningham
I love her fantasy books so much. I've not gotten around to reading her e-book only urban fantasy yet - but now that I have a kindle I no longer have a reason not to.

Michael J. Sullivan
So far I've only read his fantasy books, but he's got a sci-fi book that I will eventually read (even if it isn't what I would often pick for myself) as well as a few short stories that I should give a go.

Elizabeth Peters/Barbara Michaels
This is totally cheating because she's deceased so it's not like I can get any new books of hers. However, I'm still lacking a few under the first penname and very many under the second and I plan on owning all of her books eventually.

Chad Morris
Although I've only read two books of his, I love both of them and adore his writing style. I do look forward to seeing what else he does - as I think I'd like whatever it is.

Marissa Meyer
(I predict that she'll be on a lot of lists this week.) While it took me a bit longer to get into her series than it did most others, I've really started to like her books and her writing style is so much fun. I do totally look forward to seeing what else she writes

Rosamund Hodge
While her second book started to break the faith with me a bit, I love her first book enough that she can stay on this list at least until I get a chance to read whatever she publishes next.

Breeana Puttroff
I love her ongoing series so much. While she does have only one other book published, I will totally be buying it once I get caught up on her series.

This list was actually harder to put together than I thought it would be. I also tried to keep it from being a repeat of my 'favorite authors' from April and my 'author's I'd like to meet' from May. Let me know what you think and drop me a link so I can stop by yours.