Thursday, August 20, 2015

Mid-Year Book Freak-Out Tag

So, I saw this tag over at Howling for Books and thought it looked like a lot of fun.

1. Best Book You've Read So Far in 2015

Just one? *whimpers* I've read so many awesome books already this year. I think it's probably one of these two though.



2. Best Sequel You've Read so Far in 2015



While I liked the first book well enough, the characters in this one really caught my heart.

3. New Release You Haven't Read Yet but Want To

So very, very many, but I'll go with this one because I love steampunk.


4. Most Anticipated Release For The Second Half of the Year

There's a lot of new books that sound good as well as several 'next-in-series' books I'm looking forward to - but no book compares to my excitement for this one.



5. Biggest Disappointment

There's a lot of books I've read this year that I either wanted to be better or I thought it would be better. Instead of going with one of my 'hated' books or one that I had crazy high hopes for, I went with a book that I didn't think could be bad. (It was, btw, really, really bad.)


6. Biggest Surprise


I choose to interpret surprise as 'in a good way'. Because this was a book that I really didn't think I'd much care for. It had a lot of things that I don't really like, but then I started reading the book and was totally shocked at how much I was enjoying it.

7. Favorite New Author (Debut To You)

I've been really stretching my wings - so to speak - this year and have found a lot of new authors that I like. However, two stand out quite a bit from the rest. These are both awesome books that blew me away and I can't wait to read more by these authors.



8. Newest Fictional Crush

There's actually two guys that I've first read about this year that I definitely have a bit of a crush on - or I would, if I actually developed crushes on fictional people. Which, of course, we know I don't. Right?


Finn Abbott and Quesnel Lefoux, respectively.

9. Newest Favorite Character

Well, definitely the titular Prudence, but I've already mentioned that book twice, so I'll go with these two.



Aurora and Rose Hathaway, respectively.

10. Book That Made You Cry

None so far this year. I'm either reading the wrong books or cold. Actually, both, so whatevs.

11. Book That Made You Happy



Sometimes cloyingly sweet, this has been a great series so far to escape with. I've read the first three books in this series and they are light, happy, fluffy fantasy at it's best. And sometimes sappiest.

12. Favorite Book To Film Adaptation

Uh... There's actually none that I've read/seen both this year. And although it's not an adaptation, more a companion novel, I feel I must mention this awesome book.



13. Favorite Review You've Written This Year


I don't know that I really have a favorite review I've written - and there was definitely a part of me that wanted to go with either the one that had the most views or the most comments, but, finally, I decided on this one. I think why I like it so much is it's kind of a chatty review and isn't as flat-out confusing as some of my reviews are. (So sorry!)

14. Most Beautiful Book You've Bought This Year So Far

Content or cover? If content...uh...yeah...I got nothing. Covers though, I'm going to go with this great book because that cover is just amazing - and delightfully creepy if you stare at it long enough.



15. What Book(s) Do You Need To Read by The End of The Year


The first one is by an author that I love and the other two sound to be very solid fantasy books so I'm hoping to get a chance to read all three of them by the end of the year.


If you're interested in doing this tag and haven't yet, consider yourself tagged!