Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Top Ten Book Related Problems I Have

Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish.

Okay, I think we all have a few...

Top Ten Book Related Problems I Have

1. Always Broke - I mean really 'I'll just buy one more book' soon turns into 'oops'. It's not like I have no self control (or maybe it is...) but I have nothing better to buy and you can't take it with you.

2. Too Many Books - While my immediate response to this statement would be 'no such thing', after awhile, you run out of shelf space, then floor space and before you know it, you've co-opted room away from other things - like dogs.

3. I'd Rather Be Reading - No offence but seriously folks, when I've got my nose in a book, that doesn't mean you need to start...you know...talking to me.

4. Re-Read It To Remember It - It was an awesome book. At least I think it was. I only read it a year ago, but I read it so quickly and have read so many books since then that I really don't remember it.

5. Stupid Store - I know you're not a bookstore, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't have all the newest books I want - and a few of the older ones too.

6. I Don't Like You - It sounded like an awesome book, so I bought it. But I don't like it, I live hours away from the nearest used books store and it's lurking on my shelf, giving me that dirty glare. What do I do with it?

7. The Cover Is Just... - This is a shout-out to all the awful covers. I'm sure you have a perfectly wonderful story within, but I'm just embarrassed being seen with you.

8. You're Popular Now, Kid - Not that I mind, and I don't feel like you've sold out, but I rather hang out with this less popular book. Now if only I could find anyone else that's read it.

9. I Was Watching It - I swear, just because I was reading why my TV was on totally doesn't mean that I wasn't watching TV. It's not like I'll have to re-watch that episode just to tell you what happened in it or anything like that.

And finally...

10. What Do I Read Now? - (Especially common after a book buying splurge.) I have a dozen or more books on my shelf to read. Most of them sound great right now. But I want to read the perfect book for this moment. How in the world do I choose?


Thanks for reading. I had a lot of fun with this prompt this week. I almost went the dryly serious route, but decided I like to give this list a bit more of a personality. Okay, a bit more of my personality. If you've got the remedy for any of these problems, do let me know please.

(Also comment with link and I'll stop by your list.)