Friday, May 29, 2015

May Wrap-Up

Books Of May

****
Review: June 10th

*****
Review: June 3rd
****

*****
****
Review: June 17th
DNF at page 159
Thoughts here

















**
Review: July 8th
















I'm also in the midst of (actually, nearly finished) reading:
So far, with about thirty pages left, I'm leaning towards a ***** but it might only get ****. Not too sure quite yet. The review will be up June 24th.


On The Blog
This is like the fourth month - possibly fifth - that I've been doing wrap-up posts at the end of the month and so far every single one has had a different layout. I'm trying to find the fit that I like the most. Honestly, I think this one might be it. Of course, it's a beast to get looking even half decent so I'm not sure I'll be keeping it.

Question though, when I give you a recap of what I've read, do you prefer seeing the book covers of not? I really like adding them, but they just seem to take up so much room that I don't know if it bothers anyone else or not.


In My Life
I guess this is what I get for complaining about a month that wasn't bad but wasn't great either. For several days - almost a full week - I was sick. (You might have noticed that I wasn't my usual self when I finally made time to comment.) Anyway, I've discovered that I have a bit of a health problem. I cannot eat anything deep fried (how disapointing) or dairy. Getting rid of those foods has already made me feel a lot better.  (Which was all more information than you wanted/needed to know, I'm sure.)

However, proving to myself that I am at least not totally lazy, I got my blackberries planted.
Yes, through all the other weeds, there are actually blackberry plants. If you don't believe me...
A few are actually getting ripe even.

And I planted my lillies too. Some of the bulbs were already sprouting but others I don't think will be doing anything. One pack of bulbs that I bought had about half of them that were soft. I went ahead and planted them, but I don't expect them to do anything.
(Don't mind the doghouse in the background. I still haven't decided where I'm going to keep my lilies, but for now that's as good a place as any, I suppose.)

I'll keep you posted on how my plants do. (I'm really looking forward to posting pictures when my lilies start blooming.)


Besides this, I've been replaying some of my visual novels - especially towards the end of the month when my books were getting all...not fun. I've been thinking about doing a post where I talk about visual novels, but that's going to take a lot of work and Amy = lazy.

I've also been re-watching season one of Elementary. Picking up on a lot of things I missed the first time around and I think I actually like it more now than the first time.

I finally finished Power Rangers Time Force. Mostly fun but the worst red ranger I've ever seen. And I lived through Jason and Nick. (Though Jason was back when I was actually watching it on tv and ... now you probably either know how old I am or are completely disinterested.) Anyway, if I said some of the things I said about him about a real person, I could have been arrested!

That's me for you, feeling way too passionatly about fictional people.

I finally finished the first series of Fairy Tail. Now I'm just waiting for the offical DVD releases of the second series. Which, I think they start releasing in September, I thought I heard someone say.

So, that's been my month.