Thursday, May 7, 2015

May TBR Jar

Yeah, I know, this post is late. Ugh. This was the first free day I had. No, that's a lie. This was the first day I had that I could move my scheduled post to another day. I won't tell you how much of these books I've already read.

For this month, I did something slightly different. You see, I've got three books that have been sitting on my shelf for awhile (some longer than others) that if I don't get to read them soon, I'll scrap my TBR and read them instead. They don't seem to ever be coming out of my jar so I decided to just go ahead and tack them to this month's TBR. (Drawn on April 25th.)



Republic by Lindsay Buroker
This is the actual final story to the Emperor's Edge series. Really, because the main plot is already over, this is basically an epilogue. All 572 pages of it.


Prudence by Gail Carriger
I wanted so badly to read this book in April, but it didn't come up and I would have had to pass on one of my other books to get to read it. (Which I almost did after picking it up and reading the first paragraph.)


A Match of Wits by Jen Turano
The finale of this series too. I've been waiting for this couples story since I read the first book in the series and I simply want to read it so badly. (Besides, Jen has another series out that I have to get!)





Okay, so, now I'm going to draw four books to go with these.



Green (fantasy) and it is Sora's Quest by T.L. Shreffler
I  just downloaded it. Seriously, the day before I drew these papers I downloaded it for free on my kindle and only put the paper in the jar like ten minutes before I drew it out!


Red (contemporary) and it is Heist Society by Ally Carter
I'm not the biggest on contemporary, but, yay! I've been wanting to read this book. Very, very excited for this book.


Orange (audio/kindle) and it is The Sorcery Code by Dima Zales
Hmm… This has actually been on my kindle almost since I got it (I think it was one of the first books I downloaded). I honestly don't even remember what the book was about…


Green (fantasy) and it is Finnikin of the Rock by Melina Marchetta
Cool! I've been hearing such great things about this book (as well as the series and author in general) that I'm kind of excited about this. Besides, I can always read another fantasy.







Well, that gives me quite a stack of books and they are heavy. Plus two books on my kindle so that'll be interesting. What will you be reading in May? Do you use a TBR Jar? How does it work for you?