Thursday, November 5, 2015

November TBR


I can't believe it's already November! This is just crazy, another two months and 2015 will be over. Well, anyway, the beginning of another month brings us to what I'm planning on reading. I will admit that October was kind of lackluster for me. Not only did I not have a lot of time to read in the last two weeks of the month, I didn't feel real great for awhile and some of the first few books I read were disappointing. All in all, I'm hoping November is a better month. (Drawn October 31th.)


Winter by Marissa Meyer
Of course, I'm planning to read this book this month - probably just about as soon as I get my hands on it. I haven't preordered it, so I'm counting on my local Walmart to have it by Wednesday or Thursday. If they don't, I'll be ordering it and getting super fast shipping so I can read it right away.






The Death of Dulgath by Michael J. Sullivan

I've been waiting for this book ever since I read The Rose and the Thorn what seems like years ago now. The only problem is that I've heard two different things about the release date - some say November and others say December. Definitely hoping for November because I so desperately need to get my hands on this book.





From my TBR jar…
(and hoping I do better this month with it than last…)


The first paper is red (contemporary) and it is
Black and White by Jackie Kessler and Caitlin Kittredge
Oh, yay! Not only have I really been looking forward to reading this book, I've been wanting some superhero fiction desperately. (Ever since I watched Age of Ultron earlier in October and followed that up with watching season one of The Flash, I've had superheroes on the brain!)
(So, I discovered after starting it that it's actually sci-fi. Like, a couple hundred years in the future sci-fi.)




Second paper is green (fantasy) and it is
The Stepsister Scheme by Jim C. Hines
Oh, goody, goody goody. I haven't heard a lot about this series, but a couple of people that I've heard from really like this one. I'm really excited for it - a little nervous, but really excited.







Third paper is green (fantasy) and it is
The Novice by Taran Matharu

I was actually sold on this book just seeing the font cover. (I have a thing for any and all fantasy characters that wear hoods.) Anyway, I've heard mixed things about it, but I'm pretty excited. Let's just say, my expectations have been tempered a little.






The fourth paper is green (fantasy) and it is
A Natural History of Dragons by Marie Brennan
I'm very curious to see how this book will work for me. The biggest complaint I've heard is that it's not a very action-y fantasy, and I am not exactly known for liking slow books. However, dragons. We'll see.






And that's all. I could have probably added more, but, in truth, I'm kind of worried I wouldn't get to them. If I finish all these and still have more time, I kind of plan on trying to get through some of the kindle books I've got.


So, what are you reading this month? Be very excited to know if you've read any of these and what you think! Or if you haven't read them and want to. (But, then again, who doesn't want to read Winter?)