Thursday, November 19, 2015

Taylor Swift Book Tag


So, I don't know how many of my readers are fans of Taylor Swift. I'm not a huge fan of hers - but I do really like some of her music. Especially her newer stuff. And this tag looked like way too much fun to pass up. (And I totally can't remember where I first saw it.)

1. We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together:
Pick a book (or book series) that you were pretty sure you were in love with, but then wanted to break up with.
Throne of Glass Series by Sarah J. Maas
We almost did break up, but then we decided to be mature adults and work through our problems. I've not read the third book in the series yet, but it's all on how much I enjoy that one if we break up or get back together for good. And, yes, I will read it. I have been convinced. (Though not convinced enough to actually buy it - I'm just going to borrow it from the library.)

2. Red:
Pick a book with a RED cover.
Cruel Beauty by Rosamund Hodge
It should be said, not only is read my least favorite color (followed by pink and white) but I also don't come across many books with red covers. I think I can say with some confidence that this is probably my favorite book that is mostly red. Most likely.

3. The Best Day:
Pick a book that makes you feel nostalgic.
Republic by Lindsay Buroker
Interestingly enough, I don't have many books that make me feel nostalgic. I definitely have those that I've reread so many times, yes I do feel a bit nostalgic for when it was all new. But a book that the first time around made me feel nostalgic? I decided to go with this book, because it really feels like the series is over now - and that made me sad.

4. Love Story:
Pick a book with forbidden love.
Encrypted by Lindsay Buroker
Interesting to note that I'm not big on the whole forbidden love/star-crossed lovers thing. However, this book... To say that the two main characters are enemies would be an understatement. Their countries are enemies, with them having been involved in a war only a few years ago and he was - quite possibly - the best military leader with her being a cryptographer. They were enemies and seeing how that changed to love was awesome. It was also a lot of fun how she's worried how he's going to be accepted by her family back home. (Really hope that's in the second book.) This is so forbidden that whole countries will frown on it!

5. I Knew You Were Trouble:
Pick a book with a bad character you couldn't help but love.
Shadow and Bone by Leigh Bardugo
*cough cough* I've got a lot of those. (And I will assume this means a bad 'person' not a poorly written character.) For some reason, the tortured characters, the ones that just might want to kill you in your sleep, always interest me. (And I could totally go with both characters in Cruel Beauty, but I won't.) I decided on The Darkling mostly because he was the first one I thought of for this prompt. He's not the only character I like that is...shall we say, problematic. (Seriously, want a list?)


6. Innocent:
Pick a book that someone ruined the ending for.
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling
I like to think that I've been really lucky over the years in avoiding unlooked for spoilers. However, because I was so late to the party and everyone seems to consider these late arrival spoilers totally a-okay to sling around the net, I know a lot more about this finale than I wanted to - and I still haven't read it yet!


7. Everything has Changed:
Pick a character from a book who goes through extensive character development.
Sora's Quest by T.L. Shreffler
At the beginning of this book, Sora is a entitled, self-absorbed, spoiled rich brat. By the end of the story she has significantly morphed into a competent, capable and un-complain-y young woman. Definitely something I wanted to see.

8. You Belong With Me:
Pick your most anticipated book release.
Kingdom of Ashes by Rhiannon Thomas
Pretty cover. Can I just sit here and pet my computer screen for awhile. Seriously though, I cannot wait for this sequel to one of my favorite books this year. And at least this one releases in February instead of June like the other book I'm wanting badly. June! February's bad enough. (This book releases my birthday. I know what my gift to me will be!)

9. Forever and Always:
Pick your favourite book couple.
Scarlet by Marissa Meyer
You're killing me here. Can't I just say the couples from The Lunar Chronicles. Seriously, for someone that usually isn't into romance in her books, this series has some of the best ever. To be completely honest though, I've gotta go with Scarlet and Wolf. Rereading it in preparation for Winter's release, I was reminded why I like them sooo much. Scarlet is awesome and Wolf is unique and together they are uniquely awesome - if you'll pardon the really bad pun.

10. Come Back, Be Here:
Pick the book you would least like to lend out, for fear of missing it too much.
Prudence by Gail Carriger
I'm not actually the sort to miss my books - usually it's more a case of 'I love this book so much that I want everyone to read it.' However, I've gotten very used to seeing this book on my shelf and I think I'd miss that snazzy cover if it weren't there.


Join in! If you want to do this tag, consider yourself tagged 'it' by me. (Seriously, though, I had a blast doing this!)