Monday, June 15, 2015

Inside Out Book Tag

You know what it's time for again? Book Tag! A lot of people have been doing this one, but I originally found it over at Spines & Covers.

i
Inside flap / Back of the book summaries: Too much info? Or not enough (Discuss)
Too much. I don't want things that happen in the last chapter - or how the book turns out - spoiled by the synopsis. Give me the basics, but then let me discover the rest for myself.

nNew book: What form do you want it in? Be honest: audio book, e-book, paperback, or hardcover?
Paperback - but only if it's a mass market trade paperback. Besides being cheaper, I have more room on my shelves for them. I hate how all paperback ya books are those oversized paperbacks. Seriously? They're the same size as adult hardbacks! And don't even get me started on those oversized ya hardbacks.

sScribble while you read? Do you like to write in your books, taking notes, making comments, or do you keep your books clean clean clean? (Tell us why)
Sacrilege! You will not mark up books if you know what's good for you! I like keeping my good books nice and neat. The most writing in them I've ever done it a little note at the very back of the book letting me know if it was something I actually liked. (And I think I did that twice.) I won't mark up good books - too distracting - and I won't mark up books I want to get rid of - too unclassy.

i
In your best voice, read for us your favourite first sentence from a book.
I don't actually have a favorite first sentence. How about a very memorable one from Crypt of the Moaning Diamond by Rosemary Jones?

*Ahem*


Ivy punched the camel.


If that's not attention-grabbing, I sure don't know what is. Now don't you want to know why, exactly, Ivy punched the camel?

d Does it matter to you whether the author is male or female when you’re deciding on a book? What if you're unsure of the author’s gender?
Don't care. Why should I? I don't read as many male authored books as I used to (or want to, truth be told) but that's not because I actively avoid them. It's the price of reading mostly ya fantasy. It's more of a female world than male.

e
Ever read ahead? Or have you ever read the last page way before you got there?
I might skip ahead to find out when this particular part of the story ends - say we're following someone I don't really like - but not very often. I like to skip to the end just so I know how many pages are in the book, but I try very, very hard to not read anything on the last page.

&
o
Organized bookshelves, or outrageous bookshelves?

Well, I can find everything. Doesn't mean anyone else can. You see, I have a system. One that only I know. I'm like those geniuses whose office is a mess but they can lay hands on whatever they want.
u
Under oath: have you ever bought a book based on the cover (alone)?
Nope. Sometimes that will cause me to read the summary, but if I don't like the sound of it, I won't bother.
t
Take it outside to read, or stay in?
Stay in, please. I am not an outdoorsy girl. Bad temperature, too many bugs, you have to follow the sun around in your yard... I'd much rather sit inside with my ac/heater and turn my reading light on and relax.

I tag you, and you and you and you. (But not you, because I don't like you.) (jk) Seriously, though, anyone that want's to do this that hasn't yet, consider yourself tagged.