Monday, June 29, 2015

June Wrap-Up


Books Of The Month


The Avatar Battle by Chad Morris - ***** - Review: July 15th
Pawn of Prophecy by David Eddings - ** - Thoughts here
The Clockwork Dagger by Beth Cato - DNF - Thoughts here


Academy 7 by Anne Osterlund - *** - Review: July 22nd
The Dark Unwinding by Sharon Cameron - ** - Review: July 29th
Crown Duel by Sherwood Smith - *


The Reluctant Assassin by Eoin Colfer - DNF - Thoughts here
Giant Thief by David Tallerman - DNF - Thoughts here
The Falcon At The Portal by Elizabeth Peters - Re-read


Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead - ****
Union of Renegades by Tracy Falbe - DNF
Flash Gold by Lindsay Buroker - *****



Hunted by Lindsay Buroker - *****
Peacemaker by Lindsay Buroker - *****
Roots of Insight by Breeana Puttroff - *****



The Glass Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg - ****
Mercenary Instinct by Ruby Lionsdrake - ****


In The Books & Blog
So, I changed my post layout again. I hadn't thought about doing it like this until I used this style for my readathon wrap-up post earlier this month. I think I'll be keeping it though because I get to have everything I want (book covers and links and my rating/review/thoughts) and it's fairly neat. Probably one of the easier layouts too. (Which has nothing to do with my decision, of course.)

I cannot believe how many books I've read this month. Seriously, I don't think I've ever read this many books in one month before. You'll probably notice really low ratings for several of the books and even some DNFs. I don't know what happened to me this month, but I was having a terrible time finding anything to enjoy. I even nearly put down my re-read (which I had picked up solely to get back into enjoying reading) towards the beginning. Nothing - and I mean nothing - was clicking for me.

I don't have a review for Vampire Academy, but on July 9th I'll have a post up about Rose Hathaway (the main girl) and why we need more girls like her in YA books.

The Flash Gold Chronicles is actually a series of novellas. I'll be doing a series review for them once the author gets the fifth and final one published and I read that one and the forth one.


Off The Blog
I'm a generally lazy person. However, this month I did get some cleaning done. Mostly just going through old junk and packing it up better. I did get my jackets and winter stuff in storage for the next few months and some old clothes went through.

Also, I bathed cats. My own Allison and my moms Jessie. Allison started yowling almost as soon as she hit the water and didn't stop the entire time. Jessie, whose normally a noisier cat, was quiet the entire time. But they both needed a bath and my cat especially with all the fleas she had. I'm thinking I'll probably give them a couple more baths this summer. And bathed my dog Axel. He really likes baths but more than that he loves being rubbed with a towel.

In TV
I actually got a lot of shows wrapped up this month (probably because I'd been working on most of them for a month or more).

I watched season 6 (the final season) of White Collar (all six episodes) and, I much say, I'm very disappointed. I don't think there's an ending they could have had that I would have hated more. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to re-watch this show.

Watched book 4 (also the final season) of The Legend of Korra. Honestly, that was a perfect ending to the series and I think I might like it more than Avatar: The Last Airbender.

I re-watched season 1 of Elementary and liked it even more this time around. Very much looking forward to season 3's DVD release.

I re-watched season 3 of Rizzoli & Isles (very fun show) and season 3 of Avatar: The Last Airbender (awesome show minus Katara) and started season 3 of Babylon 5 (<3 <3 my favorite season of the show. Except for 'Passing Through Gethsemane'. My least favorite episode of the show and didn't re-watch it). (Notice a pattern here? I promise I didn't plan it.)

I also re-watched season 2 of The Twelve Kingdoms and my favorite characters actually changed.

Rewatched a couple of movies (Iron Man 2 and Thor). Going to slowly rewatch the Marvel movies in preparation for Age of Ultron on DVD. (As I didn't see it in the theater.)


So, that was June. Best summed up as books and TV. Seems like I'm always super lazy in summer (and winter) so this is probably about all I'll be doing for the next three months. Seems crazy that the year is already half over.